The Samsung washer error code 4C indicates a problem with the water supply. This error code can occur for a number of reasons, including:
- Blocked or kinked water supply hose: The most common cause of the 4C error code is a blocked or kinked water supply hose. Check the hoses for any signs of damage or blockage. If you find any, replace the hose or straighten out the kink.
- Low water pressure: If the water pressure is too low, the washing machine may not be able to fill with water properly. Check the water pressure at the taps. If the pressure is too low, you may need to contact a plumber to increase the water pressure.
- Faulty water inlet valve: The water inlet valve is responsible for supplying water to the washing machine. If the valve is faulty, it may not be able to open properly, which will prevent the washing machine from filling with water.
- Dirty detergent drawer: The detergent drawer can become clogged with detergent residue, which can prevent the washing machine from filling with water properly. Clean the detergent drawer regularly to prevent this problem.
If you have checked all of these possibilities and the 4C error code is still displayed, you may need to contact a Samsung technician for further assistance.
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to try to fix the 4C error code:
- Check the water supply hoses. Make sure that the hoses are not blocked or kinked.
- Check the water pressure. The water pressure should be at least 20 psi.
- Clean the detergent drawer. Remove the detergent drawer and clean it with a mild detergent solution.
- Reset the washing machine. Unplug the washing machine from the power outlet for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Contact Samsung support. If you have tried all of the above steps and the error code is still displayed, contact Samsung support for assistance.