HE Error Code in LG Dishwasher
This error comes when the unit was unable to heat the water or when the water was already too hot (above 149°F). Most of the time, you can fix a HE mistake by doing the following: To turn the dishwasher off, press the POWER button. Turn the dishwasher’s circuit breaker OFF and wait 10 seconds.
Most of the time, the HE code on an LG dishwasher means “Heating Error.” This error happens when the dishwasher’s heating element or temperature sensor isn’t working right. When this happens, the dishwasher can’t heat the water to the right temperature for the wash operation. Here are some things you can do to repair the HE error code and maybe fix it:
How to Fix HE Error Code in LG Dishwasher?
- Cancel the Cycle: If the HE error code is displayed, first, cancel the current wash cycle by pressing the “Power” button or “Cancel” button on the dishwasher’s control panel.
- Check Water Supply: Make sure that the dishwasher is receiving an adequate supply of hot water. Verify that the hot water tap connected to the dishwasher is turned on and that hot water is running from the tap. If there is no hot water supply, the dishwasher won’t be able to heat the water properly.
- Inspect Heating Element: The heating element is responsible for heating the water during the wash cycle. Check if the heating element is visibly damaged, burnt, or broken. If you notice any issues, the heating element may need to be replaced.
- Test the Temperature Sensor: The temperature sensor (thermistor) monitors the water temperature during the wash cycle. If the sensor is faulty, it can cause the HE error code. You may need a multimeter to test the sensor’s resistance to determine if it’s functioning correctly. If the sensor is defective, it should be replaced.
- Check Wiring Connections: Inspect the wiring connections to the heating element and the temperature sensor. Loose or damaged connections can cause heating problems. Ensure all connections are secure and in good condition.
- Reset the Dishwasher: After performing any checks or repairs, reset the dishwasher by turning it off at the power source (unplug it or switch off the circuit breaker) for a few minutes, then turn it back on.
- Contact LG Support: If the HE error code persists after performing the above steps, or if you’re unsure about conducting further troubleshooting, it’s best to contact LG customer support or a qualified appliance repair technician for assistance.