Itron Prepaid Electricity Meters display error codes to indicate faults or problems with the meter. Here are some of the error codes that may be displayed on Itron Prepaid Electricity Meters:
Itron Prepaid Electricity Meter Error Code
0.00: Zero Credit On Meter
AccEPt: Token Accepted
rEJEct: Token Entered Wrong, Not For The Meter
Old: Token To Old
USEd: Token Was Used Before
Loc Out: Went In Lock-out For 30Min, Tripped 5 Times
OvEr Po: Power Overload
Send in9: Communicating With Metering Unit
EEEEE 01: Meter Memory Failure (Return To Supplier)
EEEEE 02: Negative Amount On Meter, Tamper
EEEEE 03: Tamper Switch Was Activated
EEEEE 04: Meter Disconnected With External Device
EEEEE 13: Token Entered Incorrectly
EEEEE 20: Contact Supplier (Communication Error)
EEEEE 21: Contact Supplier
- Error 01: Balance Credit Is Not Sufficient (Overdraft Function Not In Use)
- Error 02: Balance Credit Is Not Sufficient (Overdraft Function In Use)
- Error 03: Overload Switches Off
- Error 04: STS Test Switches Off
- Error 05: Meter Cover Opening Switches Off
- Error 06: Terminal Cover Opening Switches Off
- Error 07: Remote Switch-Out
- Error 08: Over-current Switches Off (Optional)
- Error 09: Over Voltage Switches Off (Optional)
- Error 10: Relay Switches Off In Default Value (Optional)
- Error 11: Meter Status
- Error 12: Incorrect data format
- Error 13: Fail to verify the token, i.e. CRC
- Error 14: Token type can’t be accepted by the meter
- Error 15: This function is not implemented
- Error 17: Incorrect key type
- Error 18: Key is expired
- Error 19: Existing key doesn’t support credit transfer token
- Error 20: Overflow of credit balance
- Error 21: Error in turning data
- Error 22: Magnetic interference or tamper
- Error 23: Emergency credit unavailable (not supported)
- Error 24: Credit token rejected due to meter on factor 0
- Error EEEEE 01: NVM failure. This means that one or more of the secure stores are invalid.
- Error EEEEE 02: CRC error. This means that the token’s CRC does not match the calculated CRC.
- Error EEEEE 03: Key type error. This means that the key entered into the meter is not of a supported type.
- Error EEEEE 04: Key is expired. This means that the key entered into the meter has expired.
- Error EEEEE 05: Function error. This means that the function requested is not supported by the meter.
- Error EEEEE 06: Used token. This means that the token entered into the meter is already present on the TID stack.
- Error EEEEE 07: Key not found. This means that the key entered into the meter is not found in the meter’s database.
- Error EEEEE 08: TID overflow. This means that the TID stack is full and no more tokens can be added.
- Error EEEEE 09: Credit overflow. This means that the credit balance on the meter has exceeded the maximum allowed value.
- Error EEEEE 10: Tamper error. This means that the meter has been tampered with.
- Error EEEEE 11: Communication error. This means that the meter is not communicating properly with the power grid.
If you see any of these error codes on your Itron Prepaid Electricity Meter, you should contact your power utility company immediately. They will be able to send a technician to investigate the problem and repair the meter if necessary.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting Itron Prepaid Electricity Meter error codes:
- Make sure that your appliances are turned off and that there are no loose connections in the electrical wiring.
- If you have recently installed a new appliance, check the appliance’s power rating to make sure that it is not overloading the circuit.
- If you have recently experienced a power outage, check the meter to make sure that it is not damaged.
If you have checked all of the above and the error code is still displayed, you should contact your power utility company for assistance.