From the home screen, tap Phone.
1. If the dial pad is not visible, tap Keypad.
2. Enter *#5005*7672#, then tap Call.
3. The current SMSC setting is shown on the screen. Tap Dismiss.
4. If the SMSC number needs changing, enter **5005*7672*SMSCNUMBER#, (where SMSCNUMBER is replaced with the correct SMSC number in full international format).
5. Tap Call. The message “Setting succeeded, Service Centre Address, No Address” will appear on the screen.
6. Tap Dismiss.
7. Enter *#5005*7672# then tap Call. The new SMSC number will be shown on the screen.
What is a message center number?
SMSC or SMSC number is responsible for managing SMS operations in a wireless network. The message will be sent to the SMS center after it is sent from your smartphone. The SMSC number is what routes and regulates SMS messages.
Change SMS service center number on iPhone
SMS service center number
- From the Home screen, open the Phone application.
- Tap Keypad, then dial the following number: **5005*7672*12063130004#.
- Tap the green Call icon. The message Setting Succeeded should display.