The Bosch dishwasher error code E22 is an indication of a blocked filter, which can lead to improper drainage and other issues like food particle buildup and unpleasant odors.
To resolve the E22 error, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Inspect and Clean the Filter: Locate the filter at the bottom of the dishwasher, a small plastic mesh basket. Remove the filter and check for any food particles or debris clogging it. Use a soft brush and warm, soapy water to clean the filter thoroughly.
- Check the Drain Hose: The drain hose carries wastewater from the dishwasher to the drain. Disconnect the hose and inspect it for any kinks or blockages. You can use a hose cleaner to clear any obstructions.
- Reset the Dishwasher: If the error persists after checking the filter and drain hose, try resetting the dishwasher. Simply unplug it from the power outlet for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in.
If the E22 error continues to appear even after performing the above steps, it’s best to seek assistance from a qualified technician.
Additional troubleshooting tips for Bosch dishwasher error codes:
- Water Supply: Ensure the dishwasher is receiving the correct voltage and current from the water supply.
- Communication Cables: Check that all communication cables are properly connected without any breaks.
- Firmware Update: Outdated dishwasher firmware can sometimes trigger error codes. Consider updating the dishwasher’s firmware if applicable.
If you find it difficult to troubleshoot the error on your own, don’t hesitate to contact Bosch customer support or a professional technician for further assistance.